How to fix a pothole the DIY way
If you have a pothole on your drive or path you may not know how to fix it other than getting tradesmen in and incurring a large bill. So what’s the alternative? Fix it yourself! You probably imagine you’ll need a large cauldron of bubbling tar and aggregate to make the pothole repair. …Fear not! There is an easier way to fix a pothole!
Permanent Pothole Repair is an inexpensive and easy way to fix a pothole the DIY way.
1. Ensure your pothole is free of debris and any standing water by giving it a brush out with a stiff brush.
2. For a more professional job, apply Ultracrete SCJ spray sealant to pothole edges – buy a DIY Pothole Repair Kit which includes one can. This is not absolutely necessary for a DIY Pothole Repair, although recommended for a longer lasting repair.
3. Pour in the Permanent Pothole Repair compound into your pothole and allow it to sit slightly proud of your pothole ie over fill it slightly.
4. Like this, slightly overfilled.
5. Compact with the back of a spade, shovel, hand tamper, or suitable mechanical alternative if perhaps you have loads of potholes and it might be worth hiring or buying one.
6. Job done! One repaired pothole ready to drive or walk on.